help window

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Domtar
Has voted: 2 times

help window

Post by Domtar »

Product, version and build:
(*** Please do not write "latest" as a version, specify a version number ***)
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64bit
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64bit
PowerShell Version: 5.4.141

hi support,

whenever I mouse-over a cmdlet, PS studio shows me a small window with all the possible parameters for the cmdlet. How can I disable this?

thanks!
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: help window

Post by davidc »

The hover popup does not have an option to disable it at this time. We can add it to the wish list if you like.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Domtar

Post by Domtar »

Yes I would like to have that option. Let me explain why.

Let's use this cmdlet as an example: Set-CMDeploymentType from the Configuration Manager (SCCM 2012) module.

That cmdlet has so many options that the hover popup window covers all the screen. Yesterday, I wanted to double-click that cmdlet to copy it to the buffer and paste it to MS Edge to make a search in MSDN for a complete description. when I mouse-over the cmdlet, that popup window appeared right away and double-clicking wasn't possible. I had to click after the cmdlet in order to select it to copy it.

I do not use that popup window, I use IPowerShell on my iPad when looking for some info so having this option would be a nice feature to have for me.

thank you for your understanding!
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

The popup window is supposed to close when you click the mouse. I will need to investigate this further.
Can you zip and attach the preset cache for the configuration manager module to this post? You will find the preset cache files in the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\SAPIEN\PresetCache 2017\ModuleCacheV5

This will help me reproduce the issue on my end.

Thank you,
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Domtar

Post by Domtar »

yes it does close when I click, but try it with a big enough window that covers all the screen and you'll see that clicking doesn't do a thing since it is the popup window that I can click.

thanks!
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.