reporting on a few bugs..

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
gvonpickartz

reporting on a few bugs..

Post by gvonpickartz »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2017 v5.4.145
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64bit
Operating system: Windows 7 enterprise
32 or 64 bit OS: 64bit

Bug 1] When a GUI project is loaded, and when you attempt to use the drop-down list located above all open files related to the project {usually to view/navigate functions etc.}, it triggers a single "global" word in the output window, that keeps popping up even if auto-layout is set to OFF and layout view to EDITOR only. ~ Question: What has the most left drop down list have to offer in my GUI project. It also only states "(Global Scope)" and has apparently no useful feature.

Bug 2] When a GUI project is loaded, code folding does not work. It only does so for single scripted solutions. This has been like this for a few a number of versions that I have upgraded to in the hopes it would be caught.

Bug 3] Since this new version, the ICON for Sapien does not render in the start-menu, neither does it render my task-bar. In Windows task-manager it does.
Olga_B
Site Admin

Re: reporting on a few bugs..

Post by Olga_B »

Thanks fro reporting these issues.

I'm working on reproducing them in our environment.
As of Bug3, did you do new install or upgrade?
After install you need to pin the icon to the task-bar, and start menu. Same after upgrade

Thanks
Olga_B
Site Admin

Post by Olga_B »

Bug1 - Global Scope drop down list is used when you have classes

Please refer to the blog:
https://www.sapien.com/blog/2017/09/21/ ... -v5-4-144/

As for Bug2 - I need more clarification what you are going, and some examples. Code folding works fine on my test machine
gvonpickartz

Post by gvonpickartz »

[Bug 1] - I have not defined any enum classes myself in my GUI project, but will look into doing so. This is a GUI project that uses multiple forms before there was such a feature for a new project, so its has been progressively developed over the last 2-3 years or so. ~ I understand now what the top-left dropdown list now does, but it still annoys me everytime I use the center drop down list, that the word 'Global' appears in the Output window, that keeps popping up into my screen, at time even maximized over my code. ~ Issue not resolved and still present.

[bug 2] - When pressing CTRL + or CTRL -, nothing happens in my GUI projects to fold/expand the code. I have to click on the regions to expand or collapse. Code folding only works for me when I am not crafting a GUI project.

[Bug 3] - Resolved on reboot the next day. Most likely bad icon cache, it was refreshed and now appears normal.

[Request] - A tool to cleanup Sapien completely from my PC so that I can do a clean install. (not the standard add/remove). I suspect my problem krept in a few upgrades back, and has somehow remained a persistent issue throughout the upgrades. I would rather have some cleanup script from you folks than some 3rd party tool having to forcibly remove it such as "Wise Care 365" or "Wise Program Uninstaller". ~ let me know what you might have. ~ I still have updater problems too within a proxy setup; where it detects NEW versions and once the button to download and install is pressed, it briefly appears, and simply quits without any notification. Perhaps I can dump some event log entries if you need some.

I believe a good "scrubbing" of Sapien from my desktop PC will probably resolve some of my issues above.
Olga_B
Site Admin

Post by Olga_B »

[Bug 1] - this issue will be fixed in the next release

[Bug 2] - Please check what options are checked/unchecked under Home/Edit/Regions/Include
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (19.84 KiB) Viewed 2708 times
gvonpickartz

Post by gvonpickartz »

[BUG 2]: Script Block and Strings were unchecked. Enabling them it resolved for GUI projects the ability to collapse a region. Cant understand why single scripts did collapse/expand. But now it works for all. Perhaps a cached setting thru all the upgrades?

Suggestion: Perhaps duplicating that menu to tweak code folding into the "Options -> Designer" tab would make it visible there as well. ~ finding settings only in specific places takes away from repetitive/comfort feel that I should have after using this for a few years. I look at the "options page" to configure the Sapien IDE...
This topic is 6 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.