Error: Updating resources failed: 87

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Teesside University DI

Error: Updating resources failed: 87

Post by Teesside University DI »

Product, version and build: Powershell Studio 2016 (5.2.115)
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bit
Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise 1803
32 or 64 bit OS: 64-bit

Hello,

This has started happening recently but whenever i try to build a script/form into an executable i receive the following in the output (i have blanked my username).
  1. Packaging with SAPIEN PowerShell V3 Host (Windows Forms) x64
  2. Adding E:\_dump\Sample.Package.ps1
  3.  *** Writing scripts to Sample.exe failed ***
  4. Writing settings to Sample.exe failed
  5. Error: Updating resources failed: 87
This latest attempt is just a blank form, it doesn't seem to matter what the contents of my project are. A colleague also uses this product and they have been able to successfully build it on their workstation without any issues.

It doesn't seem to make a difference if I save my script/form to a local disk (e.g. E:\) and try to build it onto that disk or a network drive, I still receive the same error only the line with the path in changes.

In the build settings I have it set to NOT generate a config file and to create an application without a manifest.

Below are the contents of the Sample.psf.psbuild file if this helps?
  1. [Package]
  2. Output=Sample
  3. IconFile=C:\Program Files\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc\PowerShell Studio 2016\ScriptPackage.ico
  4. Manifest=
  5. ManifestType=0
  6. STA=1
  7. GenerateConfigFile=0
  8. Password2=
  9. Username=
  10. Engine=SAPIEN PowerShell V3 Host (Windows Forms) x64
  11. UseRunAs=0
  12. PFX=
  13. TimeStamp=http://timestamp.globalsign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll
  14. PFXPassword2=
  15. RestrictUser=
  16. RestrictMAC=
  17. RestrictMachine=
  18. RestrictDomain=
  19. RestrictInstance=0
  20. RestrictedOS=
  21. FileVersion=1.0.0.1
  22. ProductVersion=1.0.0.1
  23. ProductName=Sample
  24. Description=
  25. Company=
  26. Copyright=Copyright (c) 2018 All rights reserved
  27. InternalName=
  28. OriginalName=Sample
  29. Comments=
  30. AutoIncrementVersion=0
Can anyone offer any help or suggestions on how i can get this working again? It was working just fine around 2 weeks ago and I first noticed this issue yesterday.
Olga_B
Site Admin

Re: Error: Updating resources failed: 87

Post by Olga_B »

Looks like the exe is locked.
Try to reboot and see if you can rebuild

Here is related issue
https://www.sapien.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7704
This topic is 5 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.