XML Settings File; Code Completion, Intelli Sense, Primal Sense

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
sascha d

XML Settings File; Code Completion, Intelli Sense, Primal Sense

Post by sascha d »

Hi,

is it possible to use a settings file in XML format, and have code completion, intelli-sense or whatever you call it.. ?
Last post I found was here:
[xml]$x = Get-Content c:\temp1\vdg_new\XML\DiagramManifest.xml

In this post there is a statement that it is on a wishlist, but didn't find an info, if it made it into the product.
I tested with the lates version of powershellStudio and it was not working.
During debug session, haltet on breakpoint, it should view the setting from XML in variables window.

This perfectly works on ISE.

So, first post I found was 2014, last one in 2016.
https://www.sapien.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9581&p=51879&hilit=primal+sense+xml#p51879

My question is, if it is already possible to do that, or if this basic feature will make its way into PowershellStudio.

Thanks for help, cheers,
Sascha
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: XML Settings File; Code Completion, Intelli Sense, Primal Sense

Post by davidc »

The limitation here is that PowerShell Studio runs the script in a different process that gets cleared after completion, therefore that information is not accessible from the IDE. The IDE would have to load the file and that can have performance implications.

Regardless of these factors, I highly encourage you to submit a feature request here:

https://www.sapien.com/requests
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
sascha d

Re: XML Settings File; Code Completion, Intelli Sense, Primal Sense

Post by sascha d »

Hi David,

thanks for your fast response.
I'm not in the position to evaluate an impact of performance in your product, if a settings file is loaded during debug, but hey... you guys build cool software, I'm sure you will find a good way to implement this.

Maybe through a Checkbox "load referenced Files and build intellisensable variables", to tickle that on or of... so I'm in position to accept performance issues, if I want to work that way.

I will reference this post and submit a feature request as you adviced.

Sascha
This topic is 5 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.