In a GUI Single Form when Build get Addtional Form

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
NewRezSapien

In a GUI Single Form when Build get Addtional Form

Post by NewRezSapien »

Product, version and build: Version 5.5.155
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit

I created a single form app. When I run it using the Build/Run I get an additional parent form shown below:
AdditonalFrm.JPG
AdditonalFrm.JPG (14.67 KiB) Viewed 1616 times
Then I get my form that I want.

If I run the source file from a PowerShell CMD it shows only my form. Which is what I want.
I would like the attach form not to show. I never created it or see it in my code, but appears to get generated when I compiled to exe. I will like to be able to distribute as exe.

I notice the problem appeared after I made three changes. I turned on Auto Incement File Version under Version Information and added info in Description and Company. I also renamed a function in the code. I tried removing those changes and it did not work.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Carlos
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: In a GUI Single Form when Build get Addtional Form

Post by davidc »

The you get this window when you use the Windows Application packager engine:

https://www.sapien.com/blog/2017/06/14/new-script-engines-for-windows-powershell/

I recommend using the Windows Forms engine instead:
Packager Windows Forms.png
Packager Windows Forms.png (72.77 KiB) Viewed 1607 times
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
NewRezSapien

Re: In a GUI Single Form when Build get Addtional Form

Post by NewRezSapien »

Thanks, Worked Perfectly. I musted have accidently changed when I was look at the options and looking at the versioning.
This topic is 5 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.