Only Entry "V2 - 32Bit" after Upgrading

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Only Entry "V2 - 32Bit" after Upgrading

Post by davidc »

For some reason the caching process is not getting a list of modules back.

I recommend going into the CacheEdit directly and add V5 manually before starting PowerShell Studio. That way it will not kick off the caching process and override your changes.

C:\Program Files\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc\PowerShell Studio 2019\CacheBuilder64\CacheEdit64.exe
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I apologize for going around and around here. The problem is that the cache builder uses the same dll CacheEdit uses. It seems CacheEdit can load it fine whereas you get an error when the automatic cachebuilder tries to use the very same dll. That is of course very frustrating. I will try today or over the weeken to put a more detailed test tool together to get to the bottom of this.
Please be patient of another day or two. Once again, our apologies.
Alexander Riedel
Alexander Riedel

Please download this file: https://sapien.s3.amazonaws.com/downloa ... uilder.zip
Navigate to the PowerShell Studio 2019 installation folder, typically C:\Program Files\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc\PowerShell Studio 2019
Make a backup copy of the CacheBuilder32 and CacheBuilder64 folders.
Replace them with counter parts in the downloaded zip file.

Now please attempt to build the cache and see if this works. Please let us know.

Note: You will need administrative privileges to replace these files.
Alexander Riedel
IT-Ferag

Post by IT-Ferag »

With your Modification the Modules remains visible after "Completed Cache Information", but the Default is no selected Module. When I switch from "V5 - 64Bit" to "V2 - 32Bit" a lot more Modules are displayed (are selected in CacheEditor). Why this difference, why do I have to select manually all the Modules in 64 Bit?

I have no "V5 - 32Bit" Entry and it cannot be created using the Cache Editor with "Add new Powershell version..."
Alexander Riedel

Please open a command window and run
"C:\Program Files\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc\PowerShell Studio 2019\CacheBuilder64\Cachebuilder64.exe" /V5
Wait for it to finish or take a screenshot of any error messages it might display.
Alexander Riedel
IT-Ferag

Post by IT-Ferag »

It returns immediately, no Error Message.
IT-Ferag

Post by IT-Ferag »

Any News on this issue?
This topic is 5 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.