Builds Compatible with Multiple Versions of Powershell?

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
azeiler

Builds Compatible with Multiple Versions of Powershell?

Post by azeiler »

Is there a way to build an executable that works for multiple versions of Powershell?

When I check out the Package options, it only allows me to select one (see attached picture).

One option would be to use the lowest version-- v2 build seems to work on v5 for example. But I'm worried that there will be some functionality that is not available on the lower version.

So if there a way to build an executable that is compatible with multiple versions of Powershell?

Thanks
Attachments
PS Studio Package Options.PNG
PS Studio Package Options.PNG (39.45 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Builds Compatible with Multiple Versions of Powershell?

Post by davidc »

The engines are tied to specific versions of PowerShell (.NET assembly dependencies), but the V3 engine will still work in a V5 environment.

I believe V2 engines require the V2 feature to be enabled on later version of Windows. Which engine to choose, really depends on your machines in your organization.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 5 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.