code signing certificates

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jsira2003@yahoo.com

code signing certificates

Post by jsira2003@yahoo.com »

I tried a go daddy certificate and I failed to set up the csr. Worked with their support and that went bust. Their documentation and assistance was awful. ssltrust has good info on the process so i am almost ready to try again at the comodo store.

There are 4 types of certificate under consideration. Perhaps you can tell me what will work best with powershell studio. I'll like to put stuff on the microsoft store. Whether or not my app will pass their stringent analysis is another question. First and foremost it must work with powershell studio.

Comodo Code Signing
Comodo EV Code Signing
Microsoft Authenticode Code Signing
Comodo Individual Code Signing

Which type of certificate should I purchase that will work with powershell studio for the apps and scripts that I create?
I need a recommendation.

This has been frustrating. I finally learned how to create a csr request lol.

John
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: code signing certificates

Post by Alexander Riedel »

All these will work with PowerShell Studio, as any code signing certificate. The issue is where it will be trusted.
In general, if you want to distribute software to the general public you should go with what has the highest built-in trust level.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jsira2003@yahoo.com

Post by jsira2003@yahoo.com »

One last question should do it for me. Should the certificate request be made for the machine or the user. I saw something that said the user. Do you have any thoughts on this?

thank,
John
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

AFAIK code signing certificates are always per organization or user. Never per machine.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 5 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.