PS Studio 2019 Installation

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
FCATech

PS Studio 2019 Installation

Post by FCATech »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build:
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

I was running PS Studio 2017 and tried to update to 2019. The first error was: "Warning 4154. Document Explorer prerequisite was not correctly installed. Continue installation of PS Studio 2019?" It also reported two other prerequisites with the same error message.

Now that I've clicked on 'Yes' for the three warnings, it has been over 2 hours that it is stuck on 'Extracting files from archive'. I asked another person to install PS Studio 2019, who doesn't have a previous version installed, and they ran into the same issues.

I need to get this installed quickly as possible.

Thank you,

Kurt
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: PS Studio 2019 Installation

Post by davidc »

Hello Kurt,

Sorry to hear you having issues installing the software. In order to help you further, please answer the followings questions:

1. What build of PowerShell Studio 2019 are you trying installing?
2. Do you have a preview version of Windows 10 installed?
3. Try running the installer with the following arguments:

Code: Select all

Installer.exe /exenoui /qn /L*v .\SPS_Install.log
This will produce a log file that will provide us with more details as to the cause of the failure. Please zip and upload the installer log file here:

https://sapien.com/auth/other/support/upload

If you need to, you can download the prerequisites in the Registered Products page:

https://sapien.com/account/products

The links are on the right side of the page:
Software Prerequites.png
Software Prerequites.png (38.19 KiB) Viewed 2107 times
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
FCATech

Post by FCATech »

David,

I've just uploaded the log. It doesn't seem like the installation with the switches you requested has completed. How will I know if it has completed without the GUI?

Kurt
davidc

Post by davidc »

These parameters will make the installer silent (No UI). After reviewing the log, I found the following error:
Error 1500. Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one.
Please verify that no other installing is running at the same time.
David
FCATech

Post by FCATech »

The error you are seeing is what I explained in my upload. I ran the installation with the no UI switch and since it doesn't have a GUI, I can't tell the progress of the installation. So, I ran the installation again which is why you see that error msg in the log.

How do I determine when the installation is complete without the GUI? I don't see any strange processes running to stop it or see if it's still running. Is it normal for the installation to take more than 2 hours?
davidc

Post by davidc »

The installation should only take a few minutes at most.

You can use the Start-Process in PowerShell to wait for the installer to finish:

Code: Select all

Start-Process 'Installer.exe' -ArgumentList '/exenoui /qn /L*v .\Install.log' -Wait
Do you have any antivirus software running? It could be that something is blocking Windows Installer from exacting the files from the MSI. If you haven't already, try rebooting the system.
David
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Windows Installer allows only ONE (1) installer running at any given time. You may have a pending install, which requires a reboot.
If you have various update tools running, they may run an installer. Windows Update itself may running and installing updates.
Failures to extract may also stem from lack of disk space, corrupted file system or exceeded quotas of some parts of your user or system folders are redirected to network folders.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 5 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.