Custom Project Templates

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
amoseng

Custom Project Templates

Post by amoseng »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2019 v5.6.160
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

I've been looking into optimizing my workflows by creating some custom templates, but from what I can tell there is no way to create custom collection project templates?

I have pretty standardized file structures in use, containing more than just PowerShell files, but I've not found a way to incorporate this into a project template.

Is this possible? Please also let me know if it's not possible, as I then should probably file a feature request...

Thanks!
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Custom Project Templates

Post by davidc »

The product doesn't have a built-in mechanism to create a project template, but you can easily copy the default template and add any necessary files.

How to create your own project template:

Step 1:
Copy the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\SAPIEN\PowerShell Studio 2019\Templates\Project Templates\Collection Project

Step 2:
Paste the folder into this directory (You may have to create it):

C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\SAPIEN\PowerShell Studio\Templates\Project Templates

Step 3:
Rename the folder and the files contains within.
For example:
My Collections Project
My Collections Project\My Collection Project.psproj
My Collections Project\My Collection Project.psproj.pstemplate

Step 4: Add any additional files into the Project folder.

Step 5: Update the description in the pstemplate file.

Step 6: Update the pstemplate's files element to include the addition files:

Code: Select all

<Files>
	<File>NewFile.p1</File>
</Files>
Step 7: Update the psproj files element to include the addition files:

Code: Select all

<Files>
	<File>NewFile.p1</File>
</Files>
The new project template should appear when you select New Project in PowerShell Studio.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 5 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.