Problems starting PowerShell Studio

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
nai0248

Problems starting PowerShell Studio

Post by nai0248 »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: Powershell Studio 5.3.131.120216
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit

Anytime I launch PowerShell studio some of the modules do not launch and I can't do anything. I've captured what the screen looks like in addition to some logs I was able to capture on the error dialog. I realize an alternative is to uninstall and re-install but thought I'd throw these screen shots out here to see if there is an easier fix.

Attachments:
Sapien.png - screen shot of how PowerShell looks when launched
Sapien.png
Sapien.png (129.29 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
Sapien_Error.png - Error dialog that appears when I have to close PowerShell Studio by ending the task from the taskbar.
Sapien_Error.png
Sapien_Error.png (22.77 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
Powershell_error.txt - complete error log that is contained in the error dialog box.
Powershell_Error.txt
(10.69 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Problems starting PowerShell Studio

Post by davidc »

The UI has gotten into an invalid state. Close the application and delete the following file:

C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Roaming\SAPIEN\PowerShell Studio 2016\LayoutState.xml

Once the file is deleted, the panels should return to a normal state when you restart the application.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
nai0248

Re: Problems starting PowerShell Studio

Post by nai0248 »

Thank you!! Worked like a charm.
This topic is 4 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.