Performance Tab OutPut & Screen redraw issue Windows 10 x 64

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
rasdella

Performance Tab OutPut & Screen redraw issue Windows 10 x 64

Post by rasdella »

Product, version and build: Powershell Studio 5.6.163
32 or 64 bit version of product:64
Operating system:Windows 10 Version 1709
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

Any thoughts, if I select 'View > Performance' and then select the Performance tab while running a .ps1 script - there is no performance display data coming through (CPU/Memory)? No issues prior to the latest service release upgrade upgrade.

Also, I am running the NVIDIA Quadro P600 display driver on my i7 intel box - randomly, I get a semi clear shaddow overlaying my other windows that looks like the greyed out tab group from my Powershell Studio Window - if I minimize PS Studio, the shaddow goes away, maximize it comes back. If I restart PS Studio I am good for a while before it reappears. I run dual screens.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Performance Tab OutPut & Screen redraw issue Windows 10 x 64

Post by brittneyr »

For your first issue, do you have PSS enabled to monitor the performance?
Enable_Performance.png
Enable_Performance.png (35.17 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
As for your second issue, so far I have not been able to reproduce it, but I will keep investigating. Is your driver up-to-date?
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

If you can, please post a screenshot so that have a better idea as to what you are seeing.

Thank you,
David
rasdella

Post by rasdella »

Hi David,

screen shot from my R/H screen attached. Started PS Studio, left it running on the R/H screen for an hour or so, ran a few scripts, the shadow appeared and overlays anything open on that screen. The white background is a notepad session (to hide the screen background). I have also screen captured the console - as you can see there are a couple of lines in the console window when I first launch the console with the PS Studio Maximised. If I minimise the Powershell Studio window and maximise it the lines are gone (console window redraws correctly, if I select restart shell from the maximised Window the lines come back.) I had the same shadow overlay issue on W7 on different hardware with a similar Graphics card. This is more FYI - not stopping me working as the software is so good, I drag all the important stuff to the other screen. I am using Lenovo screens via Display cables and changed screens / cables when the hardware was refreshed to W10. When I moved to W10 I thought i'd say good bye to this but NOT!
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (54.93 KiB) Viewed 3272 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (8.66 KiB) Viewed 3272 times
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

This looks like the shadow window when you drag a document tab. Does the window appear when you click or drag a tab?

The UI library has a similar issue previously to this but it was resolved. It is possible the UI vendor may have reintroduced the bug.

Can you zip and upload the following file?

C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Roaming\SAPIEN\PowerShell Studio\LayoutState.xml

This file will hopefully allow us to recreate the issue on our end.
David
rasdella

Post by rasdella »

As requested - thanks

The shadowing appears without any dragging, I am still unclear exactly what, if any specific sequence of steps set it off, I move between the tabs a lot, opening and running new scripts. One theory I had but can't prove is that it is related to opening the traditional Windows ISE while PS Studio is already open - not sure if this is correct.
Attachments
LayoutState.zip
(3.14 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
This topic is 4 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.