Annyoing: Tedious small "Document Selector" (when navigating tabs)

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Jehoschua

Annyoing: Tedious small "Document Selector" (when navigating tabs)

Post by Jehoschua »

Hello

We have about 20 files open in a PowerShell Studio session,
and because of the very annoying enforced MRU Tab Switching in PowerShell Studio,
we must use the "Document Selector".

Our Screens are able to display ~300 characters on one line,
but PowerShell Studio does not allow us to display more than ~15 Filename-Characters in the "Document Selector" for navigating tabs.

This is very tedious, because we often select the wrong file, because the full filenname is not visible.

Could you please either
- allow us to resize the "Document Selector" Dialog
- or configure the size
- or dynamically resize the Dialog, so that all Filenames are completely displayed
- or display at least 35 characters

We have commands like this: Disable-NetworkSwitchEthernetPort
therefore, 35 Characters are much better, but a configurable/dynamic solution would solve the Issue forever.

Thanks a lot
kind regards,
Jehoschua
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Annyoing: Tedious small "Document Selector" (when navigating tabs)

Post by Alexander Riedel »

You speak in plural in all your posts. Assuming this is not a case of pluralis majestatis, please elaborate how many users at your site use our product.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Jehoschua

Post by Jehoschua »

Because this question does not belong to the reported issue, I explain our situation using the deepl.com translation:

We are a group of companies with 8 companies and about 650 employees. In our company we have about 60 developers, only about 20 of them work sporadically with PowerShell. Most of the other companies in our group are more focused on software development, but I don't know the numbers.

In the break or over lunch, we often discuss technical topics to make better use of our tools and technologies. Many colleagues test the trial edition of Sapien PowerShell-Studio a few times a year, but discard it because of its bad 'daily usability' (e.g. you can't copy lines or blocks by hotkey, the search forgets the keyword when you switch to another tab, hotkeys can't be changed or extended, etc.) which is why most have switched to VS Code.

I'm responsible for the IT, which is why I collect problems and carry them to the manufacturers so that our staff can work more efficiently.

[LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR]
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

You have a single license, so I have to assume that you speak for yourself. I would suggest you stick to that.
We have a means of submitting feature requests where other users can chime in, please make use of that functionality:
https://www.sapien.com/requests

Your 'friends' there are of course welcome to participate and submit their own feedback.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.