What languages or code can be used in Powershell Studio Forms?

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
shiroscout

What languages or code can be used in Powershell Studio Forms?

Post by shiroscout »

Hello,

This is a little embarrassing :oops: :? , but it is something I am confused about.

Inside the PSS forms what types of programming languages / Code can be used?

I know powershell can be used because that is what I am mostly currently using, but I also know there is the Windows Forms Assemblies that are used? :? Window.Text , etc...
but is there .NET , VBscript and other languages that are allowed?

Some clarification would greatly help. :mrgreen: :oops:
Thank You,

Wayne
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: What languages or code can be used in Powershell Studio Forms?

Post by davidc »

PowerShell Studio uses PowerShell exclusively when working with the Forms / GUI designer. Since PowerShell is built upon the .NET framework, you can easily tap into the .NET assemblies to expand PowerShell's functionality.

In regards to VBScript and C#:
PowerShell Studio does provide syntax coloring for VBScript files and C# files but doesn't run or compile those file types. PrimalScript on the other hand, does support VBScript debugging and C# as well.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
shiroscout

Post by shiroscout »

David,

Thank you for your gentle answers. I noticed on other users posts you are very informative and helpful.
Thank you for clarifying as I would see the .net assemblies, "System.Windows.Forms" portions of code and I was / am confused what it is doing.
Also, not sure if this is limited to WPF, and not usable in PSS but I would see top lines of code that were load, load partial assemblies and I was not sure what these meant either.
I'm trying to read and learn.
Thank You,

Wayne
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Yes, those lines are .NET code to ensure you can use the UI libraries. By default, these are not loaded into PowerShell.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.