Display Scaling

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
DLockwood

Display Scaling

Post by DLockwood »

Hello all,

I have been struggling with Sapien forms. I was finding that forms developed were not rendered correctly when used on other systems. I spent too long looking at suggested solutions on this forum and the wider web, most were suggesting the same solutions, TableLayouts and AutoScale properties. None of which were addressing my issue.

Eventually, I found the solution for myself...

The problem is caused by scaling of the actual Sapient Studio GUI Editor and not with the deployed application. I set the compatibility mode, high DPI settings, to override high DPI scaling performed by System (Enhanced) on the Powershell Sudio.exe. Now I can edit my forms and what I see in Sapien is what I actually get on my output.

Hope this helps someone.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Display Scaling

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It's actually Microsoft Windows Forms and yes, it is always a struggle to develop user interfaces that work on multiple resolutions, magnification factors and display sizes.
Unfortunately that is not an issue limited to Windows Forms or PowerShell Studio. Maybe you can share a screenshot of your settings, that will make it easier for users to understand what you used.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.