AutoComplete problem with parenthesize

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
DrewEaston

AutoComplete problem with parenthesize

Post by DrewEaston »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2019, 5.6.165
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64bit
Operating system: Windows 7 and Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64bit

I have been experiencing the following behaviour for some time in PSS.

The autocompletion of methods inside of other parenthesize is always forgetting to include the closing parenthesize for the inserted method:

e.g. If I enter the following code:

Code: Select all

If (
the second, closing parenthesize IS inserted as it should like this

If ()
BUT when I add the following:

If ($testString.ToUpp)
I will be properly prompted with PrimalSense for the following method: ".ToUpper" but when I hit the <TAB> key I get this:

If ($testString.ToUpper()
instead of this:

If ($testString.ToUpper())
If I try to add just the one missing closing parenthesize it just overtypes the last one that it had already added before and I have to hit another closing parenthesize so that the code this then correct.

This not only occurs with the IF statement it happens with all things with the parenthesize.

This is a pesky problem and it is still here after a very long time.

See attachments of my Options -> Formatting and PrimalSense settings.
PSS Options Formatting Settings
PSS Options Formatting Settings
2019.06.23_21-13_PSS_Options_Formatting_Settings.png (30.87 KiB) Viewed 3382 times
PSS Options PrimalSense Settings
PSS Options PrimalSense Settings
2019.06.23_21-13_PSS_Options_PrimalSense_Settings.png (24.38 KiB) Viewed 3382 times
I am wondering if no one else is having this problem or is it just me?
mxtrinidad

Re: AutoComplete problem with parenthesize

Post by mxtrinidad »

This behavior is as expected.

Other (existing) editors has the same behavior you're experiencing. It will not auto complete the method with an ending parenthesis. They leave it to the scripter to complete writing it, as intellisense (and PrimalSense), would not know if there are any number of argument(s) to included in a method.
DrewEaston

Post by DrewEaston »

This is NOT expected from me nor do I expect it from SAPIEN.

This is NOT much help and I don't care if everyone else is doing it nor do I care if they think it is OK.

If I just wanted ANY Editor then I would NOT be using SAPIEN products I could just use ANY Editor.

I expect SAPIEN to BETTER than the rest!

I expect an configuration Option so that it will be MORE intelligent that the rest!
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

That's Great! Yes! WE appreciate your feedback, and Yes! We should be and will get better than the rest.
This sounds like a new "feature request".

We would appreciate if can go ahead and to following link: https://www.sapien.com/requests
And, add the feature request you want us to include in our products.

Thank You!
DrewEaston

Post by DrewEaston »

I just opened an enhancement/feature request.
Everyone who likes this should vote for it as soon as voting is allowed.
DrewEaston

Post by DrewEaston »

How much time does it take for this feature request to become visible for everyone else?
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.