PrimalSense not working with some modules

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
YMXDoJDo1646936452

PrimalSense not working with some modules

Post by YMXDoJDo1646936452 »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2019
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Win10 1903
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

PrimalSense and autocomplete is not working for some MS Azure modules. See example with the AZ.Compute module..
Attachments
2019-09-20_16-42-16.jpg
2019-09-20_16-42-16.jpg (217.08 KiB) Viewed 1933 times
mxtrinidad

Re: PrimalSense not working with some modules

Post by mxtrinidad »

Just in case, make sure on your platform is set to PowerShell V5 (although V6 works as well). If you have selected V2 then it won't work.

Also, try to "Refresh the Cache". This process will take a few minutes.
AzModulesOnPrimalsense_2019-09-20_17-59-26.png
AzModulesOnPrimalsense_2019-09-20_17-59-26.png (159.88 KiB) Viewed 1921 times
Please, let us know if it works.

:)
YMXDoJDo1646936452

Had already checked/tried both of those suggestions. No luck.
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

We would suggest to try uninstall the Az.Compute module,and then re-install it again. Although would be better to reinstall all Az modules.
You will still need to repeat the steps to update the cache, and restart the editor.

Please , let us know.
YMXDoJDo1646936452

So I managed to get it fixed. I removed the module from the PowerShell Studio cache manager. Than I used the import module" button and browsed to the module location and imported it. Powershell studio seemed to hang for a bit but then it imported it and now the auto-complete, etc seems to work for that module.

Question. Is there a way I can mimic that operation for every module on the machine. I'm constantly adding and removing module versions on my machine and I'm thinking the software was just stuck on an old version, despite my having only the latest installed, etc.
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

For now, the Cache Editor provide a predefined list of modules which could already exist on a machine. This is done to speed up the process of building the Cache (both x86/x64) for PrimalSense. This is why you'll experience the delay (hung) while it completes building.

Now, you can be creative with the cache editor. You can customize the Cache for your need, by identifying the modules you need to work with by creating a "New Machine Profile". You don't need all existing modules at once, at the same the Cache rebuild step could be fast.

Still, we welcome your feedback. Feel free to submit your feature request to the following link: https://www.sapien.com/requests
This topic is 4 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.