problem when resizing the console window

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Domtar
Has voted: 2 times

problem when resizing the console window

Post by Domtar »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: PS Studio 2020 5.7.172
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bit
Operating system: windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64-bit

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

hi support,

this happens to me frequently, like a third of the time.

whenever i wish to resize the console window & the editor window, after i place the mouse cursor on the border and the cursor changes for the double-arrow, i click that border and start resizing. As soon as it stats, I see a popup saying "unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

when I click OK on that message, an errorlog is displayed on screen. I'm attaching the file here.

and after that, i am unable to resize the window.

is that something that can be fixed?

thanks!
Attachments
ErrorLog.txt
(402.33 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
mxtrinidad

Re: problem when resizing the console window

Post by mxtrinidad »

Can you provide a screenshot of how the editor looks before the exception?

What console shell is currently selected? Windows PowerShell (x86/x64), or is it PowerShell (x86/x64).

Can you please try the new PowerShell Studio version 2020 5.7.173? Just to make sure the error still persists.
Domtar

Post by Domtar »

i keep both half and half on the screen, but wanted to bring the console higher to have more room

both are x64

i'm currently downloading .173
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

OK. Try with the updated version and let us know if it clears the issue.
Domtar

Post by Domtar »

update done. i tried it a few times, no issue. but now, whenever i run a script, it takes forever to start. i feel like i took a big step backward :-(

that delay was not there before this update.
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

So, I'm assuming the exception is now gone.

Can you please open a separate support issue? This way we can address the new issue separately.

Thanks
Domtar

Post by Domtar »

well, I'm not sure it's gone, since i did not try it until either i'm tired or it happened again ;-)

I'll open a new request.
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

Please if the exception is still happening, we need to know and a screenshot would help too.

Thank You!
This topic is 4 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.