German Umlaute characters incorrect in GUIs

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
Locked
User avatar
FrankAndrew
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:00 pm

German Umlaute characters incorrect in GUIs

Post by FrankAndrew »

.
Product: PowerShell Studio 2020 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.7.173
OS: Windows 10 Enterprise (64 Bit)
Build: v10.0.17763.0

This is posted here instead of the GUI forum because the file formats used by PowerShell Studio 2020 has changed.

As you know the possible file encoding formats for the script files can now be:
Possible PowerShell Studio File Encoding Formats
Possible PowerShell Studio File Encoding Formats
2020.03.13_07-32-13_SAPIEN_PowerShell_5.7.173_CodePages_for_SourceCode.png (4.12 KiB) Viewed 723 times

I have a HashTable of office names in some of my scripts. Here is a look of some of the ctiy names with the German umlaut characters in them:
HastTable of some city names
HastTable of some city names
2020.03.13_10-31-09_HashTable_of_OfficeNames_in_Script.png (41.52 KiB) Viewed 723 times

This is what they look like in a DataGridView Table:
Incorrect display in the GUI
Incorrect display in the GUI
2020.03.12_16-15-36_Incorrect_Display_of_German_Umlaute_Characters_in_GUI.png (18.58 KiB) Viewed 723 times

I have tried all four of the listed file encoding formats with NO difference in the GUI.

What am I doing wrong?
Do you guys need to change something?

User avatar
FrankAndrew
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:00 pm

Re: German Umlaute characters incorrect in GUIs

Post by FrankAndrew »

If I create an EXE file the umlaute ARE correct.

In all other cases: Debugging, or running an exported PS1 file or just running the script from inside PSS the display is incorrect.

This was NOT the case before the file encoding change.

User avatar
brittneyr
Site Admin
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:20 am

Re: German Umlaute characters incorrect in GUIs

Post by brittneyr »

Thank you for reporting this. We are aware of this issue and it should be resolved in the next service release.
Brittney Ryn
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

User avatar
FrankAndrew
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:00 pm

Re: German Umlaute characters incorrect in GUIs

Post by FrankAndrew »

Just installed the next service release version:
Product: PowerShell Studio 2020 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.7.174
OS: Windows 10 Enterprise (64 Bit)
Build: v10.0.17763.0

The umlaut charaters are still NOT being display correctly in the GUI when Debugging.
Incorrect Display in GUI during Debugging
Incorrect Display in GUI during Debugging
2020.03.24_14-03-55_SAPIEN_PowerShell_5.7.174_Incorrect_Display_in_GUI.png (20.09 KiB) Viewed 495 times

User avatar
brittneyr
Site Admin
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:20 am

Re: German Umlaute characters incorrect in GUIs

Post by brittneyr »

What is the current encoding set on that file:
SPS_Encoding.png
SPS_Encoding.png (17.89 KiB) Viewed 490 times
If possible, could you provide us with a sample script demonstrating the behavior? You can upload it here:
https://www.sapien.com/support/upload
Brittney Ryn
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

User avatar
FrankAndrew
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:00 pm

Re: German Umlaute characters incorrect in GUIs

Post by FrankAndrew »

Hi Brittney,

Thanks for the information about where I am supposed to find the formatting for each file.
It was just "UTF-8". After changing it to "UTF-8-BOM" it works as needed!

I thought that changing the setting in the Options menu would change all open files but as I see now that is only for new files.

Being as I have used PrimalScript for more than 15 years I was looking for this information in the context menu of the file being edited and then under properties. I wondered were that Information had gotten off to. I did NOT even look down there in the frame of PowerShell, but I will now.

The problem is NOW fixed, Thanks again.

Locked