Properties Tab in Module Manifest file

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 3 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
PsCustomObject

Properties Tab in Module Manifest file

Post by PsCustomObject »

Product: PowerShell Studio 2020 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.7.174
Build: v10.0.18363.0

Hello,

as per subject I am editing a module's manifest file (.psd1) and when accessing the Properties Tab this is all I seee:
SapienModule.png
SapienModule.png (8.55 KiB) Viewed 1343 times
I have no issues changing the file properties "manually", all in all this is what I usually do, but am wondering what could cause this as it used to work in previous product versions.

In case it makes any difference this is my top header:

Code: Select all

@{
    # Script module or binary module file associated with this manifest
    <snip>

PsCustomObject

Re: Properties Tab in Module Manifest file

Post by PsCustomObject »

Just to add I've tried to open the module's project file and while behavior changed a bit I still see missing attribtues here's the updated screenshot.
SapienProject.png
SapienProject.png (12.32 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 31 times

Post by brittneyr »

This is expected behavior. Single files, with the exception of psf files, do not show properties in the Properties panel unless they are apart of a project.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
PsCustomObject

Post by PsCustomObject »

Ah ok, got it thanks :)

Thanks a lot for the quick feedback!
This topic is 3 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.