Set forms to show script pane on project load

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 3 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
DarusDP
Been upvoted: 1 time

Set forms to show script pane on project load

Post by DarusDP »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2020 (64 Bit) Build: v5.7.174
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise (64 Bit) Build: v10.0.17134.0
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

When I open a project that has form(s) it seems to be random as to whether when the file tab click it will display the form pane or the script pane.
How can I (if possible) set it so that each form upon load and shown will show a specified pane. In my case I'd prefer it to be script pane.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 31 times

Re: Set forms to show script pane on project load

Post by brittneyr »

It is not random. Psf files open from the last known state meaning if you had the designer open when you saved the file, then the designer tab will be selected next time the file is opened. The same is true for the script tab.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
DarusDP

Post by DarusDP »

Well, I set all file tabs to script pane, do Save All, close project. Then open project and it doesn't remember exactly. That is why it seemed random.
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

Save All will only save the files that have been modified. Files that have been modified with have an asterisks in the tab file name.
Brittney
DarusDP

Post by DarusDP »

Do I have to save something else for file tabs pane setting to be saved?
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

No, you need to edit your psf then save. Simply changing the the tab from designer to script does not count as modifying the file.
Brittney
DarusDP

Post by DarusDP »

Gotcha, thanks. That explains why it seemed random to me.
This topic is 3 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.