Constant flickering of wait cursor

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 3 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Lembasts
Has voted: 1 time
Been upvoted: 1 time

Constant flickering of wait cursor

Post by Lembasts »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: 174
32 or 64 bit version of product:64
Operating system:win10 1909
32 or 64 bit OS:64

Greetings,
I have noticed that when I open up my projects and move the cursor into certain locations that there is a constant flickering of my cursor from default to waitcursor.
It doesnt happen when the cursor is in the script area but it does when I move the cursor in the designer or Project pane or Object browser pane or functions pane and even the ribbon.
If I open a normal ps1 script, no flickering occurs anywhere - it only happens with projects.

Cheers
David
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 31 times

Re: Constant flickering of wait cursor

Post by brittneyr »

Is it a particular type of project or all projects? How many files are in the projects?
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Lembasts

Post by Lembasts »

Its not happening for smaller projects - e.g. one has 14 files. another has 5 files.
Its only happening on my two largest projects - one with 22 files and the other with 31.
Having checked that I just noticed something even weirder.
I launch PS and open either large project - the flickering appears. I then open a smaller project and the flickering disappears.
If I then go back and open one of the larger projects after opening a smaller one - the flickering disappears!
If I close PS and open it again and then open a large project - the flickering comes back and I can repeat the above.
I am now using version 175 btw.
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

I have not been able to reproduce this flickering behavior with a project of over 90 files. Are the files in these projects mainly forms? What type of projects are they (form, multiform, module, collection, etc)?
Brittney
Lembasts

Post by Lembasts »

All the project files are .psf forms except for one .ps1 and startup.pss.
Maybe its related to my other issue? viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14679
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

I've been able to reproduce a similar behavior while using a module project. I've filed a bug report for the development team to look into issue. When I have more information, I'll post here.
Brittney
Lembasts

Post by Lembasts »

Thanks heaps - its really annoying doing development as you can imagine.
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

In the latest build of PowerShell Studio (5.7.177), are you still experiencing the flickering? Also, the projects that you mentioned that exhibit this behavior, about how long (number of lines) on average are these files?
Brittney
Lembasts

Post by Lembasts »

I havent yet installed 177 given my recent experience of updates stopping all my work on projects - Im a bit nervous.
My larger projects have a number of files - It'll take a while to count everything - Ill get back to you.
Lembasts

Post by Lembasts »

Here are the number of lines in each file in my largest project:
81,139,367,295,123,924,19,294,115,252,186,204,192,118,556,390,424,181,344,221,192,132,52,256,167,148,196,125,788,3028,300
This topic is 3 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.