Ribbon Link to Powershell Core - greyed Out

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 3 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
rasdella

Ribbon Link to Powershell Core - greyed Out

Post by rasdella »

Product, version and build: PS Studio Build: 5.7.175
32 or 64 bit version of product:
Operating system: Windows 10 1809
32 or 64 bit OS:64

Hello,

any advice on the greyed out link I have in the ribbon for Powershell Core. I use it extensively without issue from the console, would be great to be able to resolve why I can't launch it from the ribbon link.

Thanks
Attachments
ribbon.PNG
ribbon.PNG (5.91 KiB) Viewed 2520 times
Olga_B
Site Admin

Re: Ribbon Link to Powershell Core - greyed Out

Post by Olga_B »

Thanks for reporting the issue.
The issue has been sent to the proper place for evaluation and correction. When a fix is issued with a service build, it will be listed in the change log.

Did you update from existing version to 5.7.175 or did new install?
rasdella

Post by rasdella »

I performed the Update, I did a re-install of Powershell Core Version 7 (stable) - I thought I may have originally installed it into a non-default location but this wasn't the case. Through the terminal it works like a dream, will wait to hear if there is anything else I need to change / check - thanks again
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

This button was originally intended to open the PowerShell Core (V6) console. This will be updated in the next service release.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
rasdella

Post by rasdella »

excellent - will it be able to cater for minor release versions of Core as it evolves
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

From my understanding, it should. When PowerShell 7 is updated, it removes the previous version. It does not have side-by-side versions installed, but this can change as Microsoft/PowerShell team has changed this before. The only exception is preview versions of 7 which is installed in a different folder.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
rasdella

Post by rasdella »

So far - working perfectly via script explorer, I'm not familiar with script explorer yet and wasn't aware I could launch scripts in Powershell Core from there
This topic is 3 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.