5.7.176 is broken

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 3 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
CMIICT

5.7.176 is broken

Post by CMIICT »

Informations :
Powershell Sutdio 2020 5.7.176 - 64 bit version
Operating system: Windows 10 Professional 1909 French - 64 bit OS (build 18363.720)

Hello everyone and... What the hell is going on ?
It has been 3 versions of Powershell Studio I encounter issues with and the last 2 ones completely lock me on my work.

To be more precise, when I updated from version 5.7.173 to version 5.7.174, I had an issue whenever I tried to build an exe file from my scripts, saying the encoding was wrong for an automatically generated file from PowerShell Studio.
To be able to generate the exe file I found out that I had to open the "scriptname.package.ps1" everytime and change its encoding to UTF8 from UTF16.

After that I updated my version to get rid of this issue to version 5.7.175 which completely broke the interface due to a font style issue with the GUI.
(This issue affect building exe file but also running the script)
So I was waiting for the fix (which came quite fast) and here comes the 5.7.176 which broke the GUI a bit more...
Now not only the font style is missing but everything in the GUI is broken, only the objects remains with their names written on it.

Here is an exemple... Normal GUI working from version 5.7.174 :
https://imgur.com/a/jJDHzG6
and now with version 5.7.176 :
https://imgur.com/a/XfjSHYD

So since the 23/03/2020, I am not able to use the software as intended.
Could you please patch this fast or give me (or us) a workaround ?

EDIT : So I figured out that the text showing is indeed the text from the object parameter but oversized.
Nevetheless, the GUI creator display the GUI correctly, this overscale happen when running the script.
I also forgot to mention that version 5.7.176 doesn't generate gui errors anymore while running the script, compared to version 5.7.175.

In advance, thank you for your help.
Best regards.
CMIICT

Re: 5.7.176 is broken

Post by CMIICT »

I just want to thanks another user from this forum who find out what cas causing this issue : "ALIENQuake".
In fact, changing every groupbox's font size to a number without the "," symbol fix it.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

I apologize for the previous experiences you have had while updating lately. Service build 5.7.177 should fix the latest issue in regards to the font not working.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
CMIICT

Post by CMIICT »

Hello Brittneyr,
Sure it did fix the GUI issue, but since last version I am still experiencing the encoding issue.
Everytime I try to build my project I got this message and have to manually change the encoding of the package file to UTF8.
(Every file are formated to UTF-16BE and switching them to UTF8 doesn't fix anything).

SAPIEN Package and Deploy Tool 4.2 (c) 2005 - 2020 SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

------ Build started: Get-ADUserInfo, Configuration: x64 ------
Packaging with SAPIEN PowerShell V5 Host (Windows) x64
Package will be restricted to OS version(s): 10.0
Adding C:\Data Offline\Systeme\Powershell\GUI\Get-ADUserInfo\Get-ADUserInfo.Package.ps1
Error: Unsupported file encoding (Unicode Big Endian)

Also, I don't know why but I copy a PSF file to another of my GUI script and on the copied one (same code) I got a freeze time when I trigger a button.
The button simply construct a command and execute it with an invoke-expression.
I also tried to replace it with this : $TOEXPORT = &([scriptblock]::create($EXPRESSION)).
But it kept freezing for +- 10 sec whenever I trigger the button.
On the original script, I did not experience this issue. Any idea ?
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

For the first issue, please close the SAPIEN Script Packager (if it is open) and delete the file named "Get-ADUserInfo.Package.ps1". Verify that ALL files that are part of the project are not encoded as UTF-16BE and then try to build your project again.

For the second issue, without more information, I cannot help you. The issue looks like it is a scripting issue. Please post that question in the appropriate forum:
viewforum.php?f=21
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 3 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.