Upgrade is not able to open older version

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 3 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
NewRezSapien

Upgrade is not able to open older version

Post by NewRezSapien »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2010, 5.7.178
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Win 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***
Output Window Shows the below. The MainForm.psf will not open in the Tabs workspace. I tried to do a save and reopen the project and I get the same results.

MainForm.psf: '', hexadecimal value 0x17, is an invalid character. Line 1572, position 2.
MainForm.psf: Unable to determine object class.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
About.psf: This file was created using an older version.
About.psf: On Save, a backup of this file will be created before converting to the latest version.
MainForm.psf: '', hexadecimal value 0x17, is an invalid character. Line 1572, position 2.
MenuForm.psf: This file was created using an older version.
MenuForm.psf: On Save, a backup of this file will be created before converting to the latest version.
About.psf: On Save, a backup of this file will be created before converting to the latest version.
MainForm.psf: This file was created using an older version.
MainForm.psf: On Save, a backup of this file will be created before converting to the latest version.
Credentials.psf: This file was created using an older version.
Credentials.psf: On Save, a backup of this file will be created before converting to the latest version.

DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 31 times

Re: Upgrade is not able to open older version

Post by brittneyr »

Please answer the following questions:
- What was the previous version of PowerShell Studio you had installed?
- What is the file encoding of MainForm.psf?
- If you are able to, can you please upload your project or just MainForm.psf here so we can better assist you:
https://www.sapien.com/support/upload
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
NewRezSapien

Post by NewRezSapien »

It appears there was corruption at the end of the file at the time of conversion. Found the backup and notice the following character Ěnø The paste changed what I am seeing. The backup file ends with </File>. I replaced the text. But now when I try to run it it gives me the following error
Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length

Does not give me a line number to look at. I have attach the Main.psf file. I was going to attach the backup but does not allow me.

Thanks
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

I have not been able to reproduce this behavior on another file. I did replace the weird hexadecimal value on line 1572 with </File> and I was able to open the file with PowerShell Studio as you stated:
MainForm.psf
(84.74 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Brittney
NewRezSapien

Post by NewRezSapien »

I did the same if you saw in my post but after that yes I was able to open it. But when I run it gives me the following error
Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length

Does not give me a line number to look at. I do not have any reference to a length parameter in th code that I could find.
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

Is this a error in the output panel or an error message popping up? If its an error in the output panel, it has to do with your code. I would recommend adding checks for null.
Brittney
This topic is 3 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.