Script to exe, when exe is run the script appears as hidden item

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 3 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
NewRootUsr

Script to exe, when exe is run the script appears as hidden item

Post by NewRootUsr »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 5.7.178
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 Bit
Operating system:
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 Bit

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

I have created an exe from my script, however when I run the exe the script it made from I can see in plain text as a source file, it is a hidden item....but to me this does not seem correct as the script should be running in the exe and should not appear or be read-able in plain text.

When I previously used tools like PS2EXE-GUI the script was contained in the exe and was never visible in plain text...

EDIT: Some added insight, I am using Microsoft Windows PowerShell script engine due to issues I have with the SAPIEN PowerShell v5 host command line engine not properly functioning when "Clear-Host" is used and "screen tearing" occurs, where you will see mashed together letters when the script should have performed a Clear-Host.

DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
Attachments
Running My_App.PNG
Running My_App.PNG (29.03 KiB) Viewed 1522 times
Last edited by NewRootUsr on Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Script to exe, when exe is run the script appears as hidden item

Post by Alexander Riedel »

If you look at the where you select the particular type of package to use, it specifically says if it uses a temporary file or not.
2020-06-17_10-27-08.png
2020-06-17_10-27-08.png (69.36 KiB) Viewed 1519 times
2020-06-17_10-27-51.png
2020-06-17_10-27-51.png (71.34 KiB) Viewed 1519 times
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
NewRootUsr

Re: Script to exe, when exe is run the script appears as hidden item

Post by NewRootUsr »

Thank you for the quick reply, that is very interesting, I didn't even notice that text. Looks like I have some additional work to do to make it run in a memory capable way.
This topic is 3 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.