URGENT!!!! Compile project to exe on command line

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 3 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
HWLDOME
Has voted: 1 time

URGENT!!!! Compile project to exe on command line

Post by HWLDOME »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build:
Operating system: Windows 10
PowerShell version(s): 5.7.182

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***
I have an issue that Powershell Studio does not have a complete command line option to do the ps1 to exe conversion.

I can use the command “PSBUILD /package my.psproj.psbuild”

This creates the my.exe but it does not run. In the community pages there was some talk in 2014 about the company putting in a 2 step process to get this work on the command line coming out soon. May I know when this will come out, or if it’s already out? and how to use it?

Thank you.

DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: URGENT!!!! Compile project to exe on command line

Post by Alexander Riedel »

As far as I remember there was a problem back then detaching the code generation part from PowerShell Studio. (Disclaimer, I could be wrong)
So I think it was never fully implemented because of that problem and there was not too much interest in it.

Can I ask why this is urgent and of interest to you?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
HWLDOME
Has voted: 1 time

Post by HWLDOME »

Alexander Riedel wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:04 pm As far as I remember there was a problem back then detaching the code generation part from PowerShell Studio. (Disclaimer, I could be wrong)
So I think it was never fully implemented because of that problem and there was not too much interest in it.

Can I ask why this is urgent and of interest to you?
I am interested in and it is urgent is because I want to write a script to make the compile automated when I add a digital signature for the final .exe file as a product.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The packager can already sign the resulting exe every time you build. Just in case that got lost somewhere.
I will consult with the development team what the status of this is.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 3 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.