Add ImportExcel Module to PrimalSense

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 3 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jamie.dobbs

Add ImportExcel Module to PrimalSense

Post by jamie.dobbs »

I was wondering how to update Powershell Studio (PrimalSense) to recognise the module "ImportExcel" as it currently shows as Unknown
2020-11-27 14_26_02-Window.png
2020-11-27 14_26_02-Window.png (1.59 KiB) Viewed 2815 times
I have tried rebuilding the cache and restarting Powershell Studio but to no avail.

Thank you,
Jamie

Product, version and build: Product: PowerShell Studio 2020 (64 Bit), Version: v5.7.182, Build: v10.0.19041.0
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit)
PowerShell version(s): V5 - 64 Bit
Olga_B
Site Admin

Re: Add ImportExcel Module to PrimalSense

Post by Olga_B »

You need to use Cache Editor to Import the module first, and then rebuild the cache

Here is the blog about Cache Editor.
https://www.sapien.com/blog/2017/12/07/ ... d-modules/
jamie.dobbs

Post by jamie.dobbs »

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have just checked and ImportExcel module is already checked in the cache editor, i also clicked build but this doesn't appear to have helped.
If i now click the refresh icon i get a warning that it was previously customised and rebuilding will remove them.

Cheers
Olga_B
Site Admin

Post by Olga_B »

Rebuild Local Cache button has context menu Reload Cache try to use that option
Do you see ImportExcel module in the Object Browser panel?

What Platform are you using V5 or V7?
When you Imported module via Cache Editor, what Cache was selected?
jamie.dobbs

Post by jamie.dobbs »

Hi,

I have tried using the rebuild cache in the context menu but that hasn't helped.
I can see ImportExcel in the Object Browser
2020-11-30 19_59_03-Window.png
2020-11-30 19_59_03-Window.png (2.01 KiB) Viewed 2756 times
When right clicking it i see an option to refresh help but when i click that i get this error

Code: Select all

>> Refreshing: ERROR: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
I am using V5 64 Bit (also tried using 32 bit but same issue).
I don't remember specifically importing anything through the cache editor, when i checked it was already there and ticked.
2020-11-30 20_04_14-Window.png
2020-11-30 20_04_14-Window.png (11.88 KiB) Viewed 2756 times

The module does actually work, i just don't get any intellisense which is really helpful.

Thanks,
Jamie
jamie.dobbs

Post by jamie.dobbs »

I just removed it and then re-added it manually and rebuilt the cache, then after closing and reopening Powershell Studio it is showing intellisense now.

However i am getting this show up in the Tools Output Window

>> Refreshing ImportExcel Help...
>> Refreshing: ERROR: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
>> Completed Refresh Help
Olga_B
Site Admin

Post by Olga_B »

This is a PowerShell error
jamie.dobbs

Post by jamie.dobbs »

ok no worries, thank you
This topic is 3 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.