Powershell Studio 2021 Freezing

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jamie.dobbs

Powershell Studio 2021 Freezing

Post by jamie.dobbs »

Hi

Product / System Details:

Product: PowerShell Studio 2021 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.8.188
Build: v10.0.19042.0
PowerShell version(s): Editing using "V5 - 64 Bit"

Detail:
Recently, say the past week or 2, i have noticed the Powershell Studio GUI freezing quite a long for about 10-20 seconds, it then starts responding again.
This appears to happen approximatley every minute or 2.

When it freezes it reports "Not Responding" task manager
2021-05-10 09_38_03-Window.png
2021-05-10 09_38_03-Window.png (40.16 KiB) Viewed 11083 times
The freezing happens on any screen, while in the text editor, the visual editor or even trying to click around the ribbon / information screen.
It does only appear to happen when i have a project open though, i don't get the issue when i don't have files open or if i just have standard ps1 files.

I tried 2 different projects and both of them had this issue but i downloaded a project from your website (Employee Roster) and don't get the issue with that open so suspect it's something with my project(s) but can't figure out what is causing it.

I did try disabling "Enable remote file status check" as i saw that mentioned on another thread but that hasn't helped.

Do you have a secure location i can upload my project to if that will help?

Thank you
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Powershell Studio 2021 Freezing

Post by brittneyr »

Please upload your project here:
https://www.sapien.com/support/upload
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jamie.dobbs

Post by jamie.dobbs »

Thank you, i have uploaded the zip of the project, hopefully you can replicate it / advise as its really annoying :)
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

We will look into this and get back to you soon.
Brittney
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

I have been able to reproduce this behavior in the project you provided, but I have not been able to reproduce this in a project of mine own. I'll update you when I have more information.
Brittney
jamie.dobbs

Post by jamie.dobbs »

Hi,

Thank you for updating me, it's very strange as that project and another one which i think i started by copying that one have that issue but another project i have started these past few days that i started from scratch doesn't have that issue.

Just really unsure what could have been done to that project to make it behave so slow and chuggy.

I appreciate you looking.

Regards,
Jamie
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

I've determined the cause to be related to your psbuild file. After removing it, the project worked as expected. I've have informed the development team. There were changes made to the psbuild format in this latest build (188) and this behavior seems to be related to that. I've tested your project on the previous build (187) and it works fine.

If you open SAPIEN Script Packager with your psbuild file in build 5.8.188, the format will be updated and this should resolve the issue for now. Please let me know if this works for you.
Brittney
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

This issue has been resolved and the fix will included in the next service release.
Brittney
jamie.dobbs

Post by jamie.dobbs »

Thats great, i have only just seen your initial reply but to have a fix lined up is awesome, thank you for you support and quick fix on this :)
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

Please try build 189 and let me know if you are still having issues.
Brittney
This topic is 2 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.