Unable to connect to remote server

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Lembasts
Has voted: 1 time
Been upvoted: 1 time

Unable to connect to remote server

Post by Lembasts »

Greetings,
I just installed V191 over V188 and when it starts it pops up a message 'unable to connect to the remote server'.
This computer is at work in a secure location and does not have internet access. I have an offline licence file for it.
How do I get it to run please?
Thanks
David
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Unable to connect to remote server

Post by brittneyr »

Was the software activated with the license file or your Activation Key?

If the software was activated with an Activation Key, are you unable to deactivate and then reactivate with your license file?

It is also possible that your license file has expired and might need to be regenerated from your Registered Products page.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Lembasts

Post by Lembasts »

It is activated by the license file.
If I do generate a new license file, how do I activate it?
When I cancel the popup, PS studio closes.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

None of the licenses associated with your account have offline activation enabled.
Please send email to support@sapien.com with the activation key used for that particular installation or, if you do not have that, please attach the license file used.
Please do NOT post any licensing information here.
Alexander Riedel
Lembasts

Post by Lembasts »

I have PS studio at home and at work. Im logged on using my home account so the licence stuff is different. Ill send through the details for my work subscription.
Lembasts

Post by Lembasts »

I have sent the licence file. If you dont get it shortly it means that our proxy has blocked the attachment.
Let me know if it comes through.
Alexander Riedel

Thank you! I have received the license file and I have successfully activated SPS build 191 on an offline machine with that file.
The file is still valid and is 100% identical to one I generated for a test.

Please start
powershellstudio.exe /DEACTIVATE
from a console.

Then start it again. It should prompt for an activation key or file. Please use the file you sent to activate.
If you get this message again after that please take a screen shot and attach it here or email it to support@sapien.com
Alexander Riedel
Lembasts

Post by Lembasts »

Thanks heaps! All good.
I was only going to post the above but I have to enter at least 50 characters so that is why you are reading this :-)
Alexander Riedel

You are welcome!
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 2 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.