drag and drop controls in wizard form snaps back to original location

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jrmarves

drag and drop controls in wizard form snaps back to original location

Post by jrmarves »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: PSS 2021 5.8.191
Operating system: Win 10 ver 2004
PowerShell version(s): 5.1.19041.1023

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

Hello,
I'm trying to build a wizard form and when I try to move controls it will snap back to it's original location. This seems to only affect wizard forms. I reviewed this post, viewtopic.php?t=13432, but it doesn't help. This happens in my project, a new project or just starting a new wizard form. Any way to fix it so I can drag and drop to position the controls or is this by design on wizards?

Thanks,

DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: drag and drop controls in wizard form snaps back to original location

Post by brittneyr »

Please verify that the controls you are attempting to move have the Dock property set to none or have the Locked property set to true.

Press the Esc button and see if things return to normal.

Are you working with PowerShell Studio on your main screen or a secondary?
Does the behavior set persist if you restart the software?
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jrmarves

Post by jrmarves »

Well funny thing is it isn't happening anymore. Pretty sure the dock properties and locked properties weren't configured with those settings as I did not change them. I was in the office working off a secondary screen though when it was happening. I did restart the application a couple times but it persisted.

When I got home I worked on my project some more but was not attached to an additional monitor and that's when it first started working. I'm back to multi monitor setup right, but different setup than in office, and can't recreate the issue. Weird but guessing this may be related to secondary monitor? When I'm back in the office I'll see if I can recreate it.
jrmarves

Post by jrmarves »

It was an issue with my office setup. Think it may have been because i use my laptop screen in the office and it was set to custom scaling. When I changed it back to 100% the controls stopped snapping back. Sorry for the trouble.
This topic is 2 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.