Auto-Increment File Version Not Working

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jamie.dobbs

Auto-Increment File Version Not Working

Post by jamie.dobbs »

1. Product:  PowerShell Studio 2021 (64 Bit)
  2. Build:    v5.8.191
  3. OS:       Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit)
  4. Build:    v10.0.19042.0
Hi,

I can't seem to get the "Auto-increment file version" to work, this is possibly just me not understanding this functionality but essentially I was expecting this to automatically increase the file version every time I press CTRL + F7 / Build Package.

This only seems to increase from the current file version once.

In the settings, the file version is at 3.0.2.0
image.png
image.png (1.95 KiB) Viewed 8451 times
I press CTRL + F7 and it creates a new file 3.0.3.0
image2.png
image2.png (12.31 KiB) Viewed 8451 times
But then all subsequent files are created as 3.0.3.0, it never goes to 3.0.4.0.. etc

Thanks,
Jamie
by brittneyr » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:11 am
This issue has been marked as fixed and the fix will be released with service build 5.8.193. I do not have an ETA.
Go to full post
jamie.dobbs

Re: Auto-Increment File Version Not Working

Post by jamie.dobbs »

UPDATE

After posting the above i realised there was an update so I have now updated to version 5.8.192
I still have the same issue as reported above.

I have just noticed though, this only appears to be an issue if running the build from within Powershell Studio, if I run the build from the Script Packager (i.e. click settings and run it from there) then the file version does increment.

Thank you.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

Thank you for reporting. We are looking into this and will get back to you soon!
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jamie.dobbs

Post by jamie.dobbs »

brittneyr wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:52 am Thank you for reporting. We are looking into this and will get back to you soon!
Hi,

Just wondering if you have had any luck with this?

Thank you.
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

This issue has been marked as fixed and the fix will be released with service build 5.8.193. I do not have an ETA.
Brittney
jamie.dobbs

Post by jamie.dobbs »

brittneyr wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:11 am This issue has been marked as fixed and the fix will be released with service build 5.8.193. I do not have an ETA.
Awesome, thank you.
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

PowerShell Studio service build 5.8.193 has been released. Please let me know if this is still an issue for you.
Brittney
This topic is 2 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.