Changing from Designer to Script for psf immediately sets file state to changed

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
PGomersall

Changing from Designer to Script for psf immediately sets file state to changed

Post by PGomersall »

Product: PowerShell Studio 2021 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.8.192
Build: v10.0.22000.0

Open a psf and do nothing, just swap from Script pane to Designer or vice versa, the files state immediately changes to "changed". This raises the Save changes dialog on close. This is very irritating and causes concern as to whether to save or not.
If you click save and then just swap panes changed state is raised again.
The changed state should not be raised unless an actual change is made.
This happens with any psf file.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Changing from Designer to Script for psf immediately sets file state to changed

Post by brittneyr »

Thank you for reporting. I'm having issues replicating this behavior.
Were you also experiencing this on the previous build (5.8.191)? Are these forms saved to your local machine?
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
PGomersall

Re: Changing from Designer to Script for psf immediately sets file state to changed

Post by PGomersall »

Brittney, I am not sure about the previous version.
The files are on local hard drive but not C:\, - D:\
Just tested opening a bunch of psf file all in different folders under D:\PS\PSS\Files. Just opening the file set the file to changed. Clicking save on close, then reopening results in same behavior.
So I have noticed different behavior between psf files. The files that open to the Designer tab been in focus are immediately set to changed. Some open to Script been in focus, these are not immediately set to changed, only when I click the Designer tab.
Opening a .ps1 file under same folder path does not result in the file been set to changed.
PSS points to this location as default files folder. It has been this way for several years.
Pete
PGomersall

Post by PGomersall »

Brittney, have you any update to this issue yet for me?
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

I have not been able to reproduce this behavior.
Is this only occurring on existing psf files? If the files are older, it is possible the form is updating to a newer format introduced last year.
When the file opens, is there any output in the Output panel or Tools output panel?
Brittney
PGomersall

Post by PGomersall »

Brittney, I have literally 100's of psf files. I can pick any at random; some require an update which I do and save, close and reopen, some were saved yesterday. The described symptoms happen with all of them with the slight differences in behavior I note in the previous post.
There is nothing in output ever shown.
Pete
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

Are any of the files actually different after being saved?
Brittney
PGomersall

Post by PGomersall »

Brittney,
No the files are not different.
I created a new vm with Windows 10, installed PSS 192 from scratch and am still getting the changed state with all my psf files.
Can I zip one up and send it to you to see if same happens for you? Maybe there is something in the files causing the issue.
You do not have to run the code, just open it and swap tabs.
Let me know what files you need and where to send it.

p.s. I did see an issue from another user about a table layout panel issue and I use this in virtually all my forms; could this be related to my problem?

Pete
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

You can send a form here:
https://www.sapien.com/support/upload

That issue has to do with undoing changes in the designer with a TableLayoutPanel control. Does this issue still happen with forms that do not have a TableLayoutPanel control?
Brittney
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

This look like this has been an issue previously with the TablePanelLayout control:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13675&p=72275&hili ... ied#p72275
Brittney
This topic is 2 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.