WPF.dll Quarantined

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
barnold08

WPF.dll Quarantined

Post by barnold08 »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2021, version 5.8.194
Operating system: Windows 11 Enterprise x64
PowerShell version(s): 5.1.22000.65

I recently tried to open a PowerShell file by right clicking the file and selecting "Open With PowerShell Studio 2021". When I did that, the Windows installer windows popped up like it was trying to repair the installation. I was prompted for my admin credentials, after entering them, the FireEye agent on my computer quarantined the "WPF.dll" file. Our security office contact me and said FireEye identified the file as Gen:Variant.Bulz.761287. Is this something you're aware of or any suggestions on how to securely resolve this?

Thank You!
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: WPF.dll Quarantined

Post by brittneyr »

For the first issue, that sounds like an issue with Windows Installer. If the issue persists, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

As for the second issue, this is most likely a false positive, but I will investigate and let you know the what I find.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: WPF.dll Quarantined

Post by brittneyr »

I believe I found the issue.
For some reason, WPF.dll failed to be properly signed. I believe this is what is causing the dll to get flagged.
This issue has been addressed and will be fixed in the next service release.
I've tested this with https://www.virustotal.com/ and the file is not flagged.

In the meantime, you can download the signed dll here:
https://sapien.s3.amazonaws.com/downloa ... es/WPF.dll
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 2 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.