PSStudio 2021 installation didn't find my PowerShell 7

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
maximo-trinidad

PSStudio 2021 installation didn't find my PowerShell 7

Post by maximo-trinidad »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build:5.8.195
Operating system:Windows 10 Build 19042
PowerShell version(s):win 5.1 and 7.1.3

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***
Hi!! My first ticket!!

I'm assisting the organization in testing the way they packaged PowerShell Studio for upcoming automated deployment. Just making sure nothing is left out: such as required components, and recognizing PowerShell 7.

The issue I'm experiencing, after the first time installing PSStudio, it didn't find my PowerShell 7.1.3.

This organization has it's own way to deploy PowerShell 7.1.3, they use different the folder names: C:\Program Files\Powershell\7\PowerShell-7.1.3-win-x64 and C:\Program Files\Powershell\7\PowerShell-7.1.3-win-x86. I discover either powershell paths were not saved in the machine environment "Path" variable. I only care so the x64bit version, so it was manually added.

Then, uninstalled/reinstalled PSStudio but still it can't recognized PowerShell 7. it isn't showing in the "Platform" ribbon section nor the Cache builder.

So, what can I do to make this work? Any suggestions... I know Alex response: STOP using PowerShell 7 Hahaha!

DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PSStudio 2021 installation didn't find my PowerShell 7

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Hi Max.

No, that is definitely not my response. :D

It is more like, if you use non-standard folder names, how are we supposed to know where to look?
PowerShell 7 64 bit is in
C:\Program Files\Powershell\7
PowerShell 7 32 bit is in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Powershell\7

Any reason you want to use custom folder names?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
maximo-trinidad

Hi Alex!!

I'm with you all the way!
For now, it's the way they want to do things. I can try to let them know.
I meet the team involved in building these application packages for deployment.

So, if can have them use the correct folder structure, then reinstalling PSStudio should fix it? Right!
:)
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Yeah. Standard is good.
Keep in mind that when you use SPS to package for a PowerShell 7 version, you can have a corresponding runtime (if needed) which is independent of the installed Posh 7 version.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
maximo-trinidad

Awesome!! I saw the post on all the runtimes you guys are providing. I got a Great contact to get this thing going in the right direction.

I will follow up with you all next week on this issue.

Have a Great Weekend!
maximo-trinidad

This issue has been resolved!

This has been addressed to our organization deployment team to fix the PowerShell 7 installation location.
Everyhing is working as expected.

Thanks for your time!

This topic is 2 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.