Exchange Online Management

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
CalebMillsatMeriton

Exchange Online Management

Post by CalebMillsatMeriton »

I am unable to get PowerShell Studio to load the login window when attempting to connect to Microsoft 365 using the console.
I'm attaching a screenshot from ISE to show what I am talking about more clearly.
ExchangeOnline.png
ExchangeOnline.png (131.3 KiB) Viewed 3319 times
When you type the command " Connect-ExchangeOnline " into the console, it attempts to connect but freezes indefinitely.
PsStudioExO.png
PsStudioExO.png (38.07 KiB) Viewed 3319 times
I would like to use PS Studio to develop scripts for Exchange and AzureAD, but I can't even connect. Any help would be appreciated.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Exchange Online Management

Post by brittneyr »

PowerShell Studio's embedded consoles do not function the same as in the ISE. Rather than being connected, the console and the editor run under different runspaces. For the editor specifically, it runs under a new runspace on every run. This was done intentionally to prevent runspace corruption. Nothing that is imported in a embedded console from the Console panel will affect a script when running (Ctrl+F5) or debugging (F5) unless you are always running the script in the console (Ctrl+F8).

The command Connect-ExchangeOnline generally hangs in a GUI environment. For more helpful information, please look at the following post: viewtopic.php?t=15297
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.