PowerShell Studio 2012 Crashes

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

I sent you a drop box invitation. I placed a new executable and dll there. Please backup the original files and replace them with the newer versions. Let me know if there is any popup message displayed before the crash. David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davidc

Post by davidc »

Can you create a Dump File (and
zip) as soon as the application crashes, while the error dialog is displayed? Task Manager-> Processes->
Right Click on PowerShellStudio.exe -> Create Dump FileThank you, David
David
j_a_donaldson@msn.com

Post by j_a_donaldson@msn.com »

Hello David: Per your request, I installed the new files and started PSS with those files in place. I was able to recreate the crash, and have uploaded a short video (to the Drop Box folder) showing my actions and the dialogs that were displayed before the crash. Let me know if you need anything else. John
j_a_donaldson@msn.com

The ZIP with the Dump file is posted to Dropbox.
davidc

Post by davidc »

Do you have "Microsoft Security Essentials" installed on this machine? David
David
j_a_donaldson@msn.com

No sir, not to the best of my knowledge. I"ve also checked Programs and Features - and its not listed. I am running McAfee Anti-Virus Enterprise 8.7.
davidc

Post by davidc »

We are trying to find similarities between users. I updated the executable. Can you create a new dump file? Thank you, David
David
arjanbroeke

Post by arjanbroeke »

I've installed 3.0.1 but still have the problem with the crash while ps studio tries to open the help.I type the name of the cmd-let/function and then press space to add the parameters. At that point ps studio tries to retrieve the help data and crashes.I'm running on Windows 7 x64 SP1 English.Below the information from the EventViewer.Faulting application name: PowerShell Studio.exe, version: 3.0.1.0, time stamp: 0x4f96d930Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8fException code: 0xc0000374Fault offset: 0x000ce6c3Faulting process id: 0x578Faulting application start time: 0x01cd2829bfbee032Faulting application path: C:Program Files (x86)SAPIEN Technologies, IncPowerShell Studio 2012PowerShell Studio.exeFaulting module path: C:WindowsSysWOW64ntdll.dllReport Id: 13c5f0c1-941d-11e1-9144-cc52afec94f6
davidc

Post by davidc »

This issue should be resolved in the next service build. If the issue persists after installing the v3.0.2 please let us know. David
David
This topic is 11 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.