Release notes for PowerShell Studio 3.1.12

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
shawnwestin

Post by shawnwestin »

Where are the release notes located for PowerShell Studio 3.1.12?

The latest one I found was for 3.1.9 (http://www.sapien.com/blog/2012/10/11/m ... -10112012/)
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

If it wasn't posted it means it was a minor fix or change that addresses a forum issue.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
shawnwestin

Post by shawnwestin »

I understand the motivation to not post minor release notices to the blog. Could you maybe post them to the Forum?

The reason I ask is that upon opening PSS a popup asks me if I want to get the latest version... and, I don't know.

I would like to take advantage of Sapien's iterative releases, but due to internal controls, downloading external content requires a request to another group. It would be very helpful to know which forum issues are addressed in each release to help me decide if it's worth the hassle of the download process.
davidc

Post by davidc »

Typically we notify the user about a release addressing their issue.

The last service build addressed an issue with the Find dialog and added config files so the Exchange Snapin can work in V3.

David
David
shawnwestin

Post by shawnwestin »

Is this issue addressed in 3.1.12 as part of the Find dialog?

"Find/Replace/Mark All" search does not switch context between multiple tabs
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6146#p30775

It has a comment (10/22) saying it will be in the next service release, but I haven't heard anything.
davidc

Post by davidc »

Yes and it was included in the very next service release. I wasn't lying to you :)

Unfortunately time doesn't always permit for me get around to posting an individual ‘update now’ message but that is why we have the scheduled check for updates.

David
David
shawnwestin

Post by shawnwestin »

Thanks.

Would it be possible to post release notes for minor releases to the Product Support forum?

Maybe just with a list of links to the individual forum posts that were addressed?

This would inform anyone who is interested about changes, and eliminate the need for developers to keep track of who asked for what.

In my experience, if one person finds an issue, there are usually others who are also interested in the fix, even if they haven't added a comment in the forum.

Thanks for your quick responses.

-Shawn
davidc

Post by davidc »

Thank you for the suggestions. We will see what we can do to make this easier.

David
David
celestial69

Post by celestial69 »

Hi All,

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but there seems to be a bug in the help area of the latest release. The help page is empty for all the active directory modules. if i mouse over the cmdlet i see the help, but not in the help area.

Is this something I'm missing, but i was sure this help was present in the older versions.

David
davidc

Post by davidc »

Please post a new topic when reporting issues.

David
David
This topic is 11 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.