Code Snippets and syntax, update CMDlets gone?

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
barrybloom

Post by barrybloom »

Hi,

just noticed my PSS 2012 is no longer auto completeing commands such as write-host, it wants to insert while instead. write-host is not listed in the command selection dialogue box that pops up.

If I manualy type write-host I see no code hint either, it doesn't even highlight write-host in blue it is just plain black.

I just upgraded to the latest version to see if that would correct the behaviour and it did not. This was working a couple of weeks back, is this a configuration file problem?

Update I noticed I have no cmdlets even after a removal and re-install.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Barry
barrybloom

Post by barrybloom »

OK this is weird, I have Local Machine and LocalMachine (no space)

LocalMachine (no space) has only PS 2 as an option, PS3 is greyed out, but with all the cmd lets available (32 / 64 bit) though there are less objects for 32bit.

Local Machine (with the space) has PS2 and PS3 available, PS2 has the cmdlets for 64 bit and 32 bit, but far less in 32bit, PS3 has the cmdlets for both now it finished building but again less for 32bit but not by a large margin this time.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

I recommend deleting both folders and let the cache rebuild when you start PowerShell Studio. Please let me know if both folders are generated again.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
barrybloom

Post by barrybloom »

Thanks David, I deleted the LocalMachine cache as it seen it as remote!? in the Object Browser

The Local Machine cache seems healthier though there are less cmdlets for 32 bit but that is not a concern as it doesn't appear to affect functionality.

Appreciate the help,

Barry
davidc

Post by davidc »

Some modules are 64Bit only so that could account for the difference in cmdlet totals.

David
David
davidc

Post by davidc »

LocalMachine may be a remnant of an older build. Anything other then "Local Machine" is considered a remote machine.

David
David
This topic is 11 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.