Can't reinstall PS 2012 on Windows 8!

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Srinath

Post by Srinath »

Hello,

I'm trying to reinstall PS 2012 since it is not working properly. I completely uninstalled all of PS 2012 components from "Programs" under Windows 8 control panel and removed "PowerShell Studio 2012" folder from AppData. Rebooted the computer. And then tried to install v3.1.14. It installed, but when I open the program it didn't show any of the sidebars and shows incorrect recent files.

@Support,
Can you help on proper uninstallation and reinstallation of the program? Thanks!
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Can you describe what you mean by corrupted?

If you want to restore the Panels to their original state use the Reset to Default State button in the Options->Panel tab.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Srinath

Post by Srinath »

I keep getting the error when I'm trying to reset the panel state.

Attached files
davidc

Post by davidc »

Please close PowerShell Studio and go to the following folder and delete the two xml files:

C:UsersAppDataRoamingSAPIENPowerShell Studio 2012

Also Disable Auto Layout before restarting the app.

David
David
davidc

Post by davidc »

If the problem persists, locate the same xml files in the install folder of the application temporarily removing them:

CommandBarsState.xml
DockingState.xml

David
David
Srinath

Post by Srinath »

Thanks David. It's now installed properly.
This topic is 11 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.