How Script Packaging Works?

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Srinath

Post by Srinath »

David,

I've written multiple scripts in PowerShell and recently started packaging scripts into executable files. Once I package the script into exe, is it really hide the source code? or just wrap the project? If it is simply a wrapper, is it still contain actual project files?

Any further details would be appreciated. Thanks.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

A packaged executable contains only the data required to run your script. It does not contain the actual pff file.
There are several blog articles about packaging, but maybe this one addresses what you are looking for: http://www.sapien.com/blog/2010/01/19/h ... -packages/
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Srinath

Post by Srinath »

Alex,

After searching the site, I found that blog entry. I'm unable to identify the right one from below to which my project belongs... (PowerShell Forms project)

CScript (Windows Script Host) ● ● Temp file
WScript (Windows Script Host) ● ● Temp file
MSHTA ● ● Temp file
Microsoft Windows PowerShell (Command line) ● Temp file
SAPIEN Script Host (Windows) ● ● Memory
SAPIEN Script Host (Command line) ● ● Memory
SAPIEN PowerShell Host (Windows) ● Memory
SAPIEN PowerShell Host (Command line)
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Basically the same as "SAPIEN PowerShell Host (Windows)"
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Srinath

Post by Srinath »

Okay. So the packaged script (executable file) won't contain the actual project file. Further, the executable file is encrypted and can run directory from memory - that's really great!
This topic is 11 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.