Changing the PSS Editor color set

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 10 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
StupidSexyFlanders

Changing the PSS Editor color set

Post by StupidSexyFlanders »

I can see where these settings would be changed but I have two questions:
  • 1) I don't see a way to restore the colors to the default. Can this be done and, more importantly, can it be done without resetting all my other workspace preferences?
  • 2) Is there some kind of Editor layout configuration file that I could simply edit, instead of using the less-than-amazing GUI?
My goal is to get make the Editor panel look as close as possible the 'Monochrome Green' theme in the native Windows ISE. For me, that's the only redeeming quality of the ISE ;)
Mike
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Changing the PSS Editor color set

Post by davidc »

In order to reset the editor colors you will need to delete the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.\PowerShell Studio\2012\Settings\Style

I'm assuming you want to put in custom colors correct? The only way is to edit the registry but we never recommend manually changing settings, which could lead to problems.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
StupidSexyFlanders

Re: Changing the PSS Editor color set

Post by StupidSexyFlanders »

Customizing the colors of the Editor doesn't seem to require any reghacks. There's a button under Option > Editor called 'Font Style' that lists all the possible elements of the Editor (e.g. functions, cmdlets) along with a color picker. That's why I was befuddled that there would be a way to change everything, but no way to change it back to import a saved configuration (like there are with other layout options). Seems like it would be less-than-impossible to implement.

If you have some kind of 'Feature Request' list somewhere, I'd love to add this one to my wishlist for future versions.
Mike
This topic is 10 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.