Variables not accessible during break

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 10 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
rivadeka

Variables not accessible during break

Post by rivadeka »

Hello,

After upgrading to 3.1.23 I can't access any variable from the debug console anymore. I'm on Windows 7 with .Net Framework 4.5 but I don't think that is of any significance because I also tried installing this version on Windows Server 2003 R2 and 2008 R2 and in both cases, after hitting a breakpoint I can't get any results in the debug console whereas I'm sure I could with 3.1.21.

The variables pane stays empty as well, except for the java-like circle indicating that something is loading. Also hovering over any variable in the script itself doesn't show anything other than the variable name (so no type and no contents, but instead 'Loading Type...' and 'Loading Value...').

It seems this only happens when debugging a form project or file. Debugging scripts without a form works fine.

I've tried searching other topics about this because I thought I couldn't be the only one facing this problem but until now, that seems to be the case (or am I the only one who needs debugging? :oops: )
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Variables not accessible during break

Post by davidc »

I can't recreate this issue. Are you using a particular Snapin or Module?

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
rivadeka

Post by rivadeka »

Not to my knowledge. Strange thing though, on my W7 computer it helps to switch to V3-mode. Everything works fine then.
Unfortunately that's not possible on the 2003 and 2008 servers because only V2 is current in our environment and I installed V3 on my pc for testing purposes.

Server info:
Windows 2003 R2 x64, SP2
Powershell V2
.Net Framework 1.1
.Net Framework 2.0 SP 2
.Net Framework 3.0 SP 2
.Net Framework 3.5 SP 1
.Net Framework 4 Client Profile
.Net Framework 4 Extended

Windows 2008 R2 x64, SP1
Powershell V2
.Net Framework 4 Client Profile
.Net Framework 4 Extended

I have a 2003 x86 server I can use to install 3.1.19 on and try what happens after I upgrade to 3.1.23. (haven't got 3.1.21 anymore but that shouldn't be much difference, should it?)

Chris
rivadeka

Post by rivadeka »

It is now very clear that upgrading to 3.1.23 causes the problems. As mentioned above, I first installed 3.1.19 to a x86 Server 2003 computer with PS V2. Tested and the variables were displayed during a break.
Then I upgraded to 3.1.23 and ran the exact same script. Now the variables weren't displayed anymore...
davidc

Post by davidc »

Ok we found the problem and it will be resolved in the next service release. The issue is isolated only to v2.

Thank you,

David
David
rivadeka

Post by rivadeka »

Great, thank you too. Do you already have a release date planned?

Chris
davidc

Post by davidc »

Hopefully we will have it released by the end of the week.

David
David
davidc

Post by davidc »

Hopefully we will have it released by the end of the week.

David
David
This topic is 10 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.