Build's Crashing

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
seaeric

Build's Crashing

Post by seaeric »

I have just created a few small builds. I've created .exe builds and shared them with my team. The .exe appears to crash for a few members. The reference and error with a path like the following:

c:\users\user1\AppData\Local\Temp\WER29D7.tmp.mdmp

Any idea how I can troubleshoot something like this?

Thank You,
Eric
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Build's Crashing

Post by davidc »

What is the exact error message?
What OS?
What PowerShell versions are install on target machine?
What packager settings did you use? PowerShell Versions, Platform etc.

Make sure that the target machine has the required PowerShell version installed otherwise the executables will not run.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
seaeric

Post by seaeric »

I don't have the exact error message unfortunately.

Windows 7

Version 3 on my machine, and version 2 on the problem machine

Default packager settings. Sapien PowerShell V3 Host.

The build fails to launch on the PS 2 machine. On my machine I've had the build lock up and crash. What sort of debugging is available to see where the crash is occurring?

Thanks!
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

For the PowerShell version 2 machine, you will need to package the script using the V2 engine otherwise it will not run.

As for debugging, you could always put popup or output messages, but otherwise I recommend debugging the script directly unless the error only occurs within the packaged script.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 9 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.