Bug - Window resizing

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
cothomas

Bug - Window resizing

Post by cothomas »

I am running the latest 2012 build - v3.1.35

Issue: I open PS 2012. It is not maximized. If I minimize all windows using the button on the bottom right and then restore the window, it does not restore to the same window sizes. Instead it increases the vertical sizing. The problem with that is my taskbar is increased to two rows and this causes the app to constantly move behind my taskbar. Each time I minimize and restore the app, it gets taller and taller, effectively cutting off a portion of the app. Annoying.

If I run in maximized mode, there is no issue. But often times I need to run with the window in normal mode so I can see the effects of my code as it runs.

If the window is in normal mode with a dialog box open (such as the about window), there is no issue.

To replicate issue:
1. Set taskbar to two line height.
2. Open PS Studio 2012 and ensure it's in normal window size (not maximized)
3. Change the window size
4. Click "Show Desktop" button to minimize all windows
5. Restore PS Studio 2012 and the window size will have changed, moving it behind the taskbar.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Bug - Window resizing

Post by davidc »

So unfortunately PowerShell Studio 2012 uses a third party UI library that is no longer supported by the vendor, therefore there is no forthcoming fix for this. The lack of updates to the UI is why we changed 2014's UI library.

I tested 2014 and did not encounter this issue.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
cothomas

Post by cothomas »

Ugh. Thanks David. I can deal with it.. but it's just annoying. And if they didn't switch to a subscription model, I would have upgraded.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

We are sorry we couldn't help with the UI issue, but don't be fool by the subscription model. You can still continue to use the software even if you choose not to renew. The benefit of the subscription is that you will receive any major updates for free and we are no longer bound by major release dates when it comes to adding new features.

If you haven't tried 2014, I would give it a shot before deciding. We added a ton of new features that make working with PowerShell much easier.

As we say, the choice is yours and upgrading is always optional.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 9 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.