Issue with opning an new, excisting repesitory.

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Latupho

Post by Latupho »

Hello.

Change Vue 2014 2.2.81 64 bit
Powershell Studio 2014 4.1.75 64 bit

When I add an excisting repesitory to change vue, I can link folders, and get all the file local.
My issue is when I open it in Powershell Studio 2014. Then I get binding issues everytime. If I, delete the files local, download them again, link folders and so on, servial times It will work fine, but most times I end up with (See submittet img) issue.

The project, is seen as scource coltroled, but all the files is not linket up... Can someone help me on this one?

I add my excisting repesitory
I connect folders
I click get latest update

I open up Powershell Studio 2014 as administrator
I click open project, and select the "T-DOC Training Automation.pfproj"

Please informe me what else you need, and I will do my best to assist you in this quistion.

Best Regards
Daniel Lindegaard
Attachments
PSS2014.png
PSS2014.png (9.61 KiB) Viewed 2457 times
SAPIEN Support Forums

Post by SAPIEN Support Forums »

This is an automated post. A real person will respond soon.

Thank you for posting, Latupho.

Did you remember to include the following?
  • 1. Product, version and build (e.g. Product: PowerShell Studio 2014, Version & Build: 4.1.71. Version and build information can be found in the product's About box accessed by clicking the blue icon with the 'i' in the upper right hand corner of the ribbon.)
    2. Specify if you are running a 32 or 64 bit version
    3. Specify your operating system and if it is 32 or 64 bit.
    4. Attach a screenshot if your issue can be seen on the screen
    5. Attach a zip file if you have multiple files (crash reports, log entries, etc.) related to your issue.
If not, please take a moment to edit your original post or reply to this one.

*** Make sure you do not post any licensing information ***
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Issue with opning an new, excisting repesitory.

Post by davidc »

What error messages are you getting exactly?

PowerShell Studio must become aware of the existing repository. You may have already done some of these steps but I will cover them either way.

1. Make sure you installed both products using the same bitness (64 bit or 32 bit).

2. Go to Options->Source Control in PowerShell Studio.
Source Control Options.png
Source Control Options.png (21.12 KiB) Viewed 2449 times
3. Check the "Enable Source control" option.

4. Select ChangeVue from the list of providers.

5. Once Source control is enabled, open the file or project and go to Ribbon->Tools->Source Control.

6. If the Check In / Check Out buttons are disabled, press the "Add to..." button to link PowerShell Studio to the correct ChangeVue Repository.
Tool Tab - Add To Source Control.png
Tool Tab - Add To Source Control.png (41 KiB) Viewed 2449 times
Once you specify the correct repository, PowerShell Studio should be able to check in and check the items.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Latupho

Post by Latupho »

Hello davidc

Sorry for the really long wait for my reply. Much have heppened sins then.

I'm getting the error showend at the attached image.
Different Source Controle Binding.png
Different Source Controle Binding.png
Different Source Controle Binding.png (14.7 KiB) Viewed 2383 times
The error message then, was a little different, as the current Provider, was something else, but in it's core, it's the same issue.
I have this every time I upgrade, or move my repesitory.

Best Regards
Daniel
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

In this case you can remove the database binding and then add the file back to source control (Your versions will still be there). This is just a safety check in the cases where you are switching between different source control providers.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 9 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.