Package Run Problems

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 14 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
burtcbl

Package Run Problems

Post by burtcbl »

I'm having a problem with the packaging component of Primal Forms 2009. When I select "Package & Run" and choose WIN32 Windows and Embed a default manifest I get an error when it tries to run. The error is "The application has encountered as error: (0xD000003A)Please contact the publisher of this application for more information.
burtcbl2009-08-04 13:07:14
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Package Run Problems

Post by davidc »

What Operating System are you running? In addition what version of .NET and Powershell do you have installed?

Thank you,
David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
burtcbl

Package Run Problems

Post by burtcbl »

I'm running Windows XP SP3, .Net 2.0 SP1 and Powershell 1.0
davidc

Package Run Problems

Post by davidc »

So far I'm unable to recreate the issue. Does this occur with a particular form or all forms? Also try the "Create an application without manifest" option and let me know if you get the same results.

Thank you,

David

David
burtcbl

Package Run Problems

Post by burtcbl »

Sorry to take so long getting back to you. I just created a script with a simple form with one button with a handler for the click event that simply closes the form. I packaged it using all the defaults. The executable gives the typical "has encountered a problem and needs to close" error. On another windows XP machine that doesn't have any powershell installed it doesn't do anything. There is no errors but you don't see the form.
davidc

Package Run Problems

Post by davidc »

The package executable is dependent on PowerShell to run. Can you try creating a package with the "Create an application without manifest" option and see if it runs without error?

Thank you,

David
David
burtcbl

Package Run Problems

Post by burtcbl »

I just packaged the same test app without a manfest and ran it on a machine with powershell installed and got the same results.
davidc

Package Run Problems

Post by davidc »

In order for use to determine the problem, please package the following script and email the zipped executable to support@sapien.com.
#Start Script
Write-Host "Hello World"
#End Script

Thank you,

David

David
davidc

Package Run Problems

Post by davidc »

The package you sent us worked on all our test machines. The only way we were able to make it fail was to remove PowerShell from the system.
Does it also fail on the same machine you created the package with?
David
burtcbl

Package Run Problems

Post by burtcbl »

Yes. It's the same machine I have PrimalForms 2009 and PrimalScript installed on. I just completed installing Windows 7 on a test machine and it runs on that just fine. So I'm assuming that I have some issue with my main machine. Thanks for you help.
This topic is 14 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.