PrimalForm and Exchange Management Console

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 14 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Hello Xenophane,

Can you email a sample form (pff) to support@sapien.com where this happens? It might be caused by an object getting piped out to the host.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davidc

Post by davidc »

In your code you may want to pipe the results to Out-Null after executing some commands and functions. If you look at the exported code, PrimalForms will do this for certain commands.

David
David
Xenophane

Post by Xenophane »

Hi david, I sent you two pff files, one where the completed box shows up (using exchange mgmt cmdlets) and one where I just take the result from get-process and puts that into a datagridview, where the "completed box" does not show up.
pasillas@pasan.com

Post by pasillas@pasan.com »

This unexpected behavior is preventing me from publising exe that I've created in PrimalForms. It's causing way too much confusion.
Primal support, we need an answer on this - regardless of whether it's part of the Exchange CmdLets or not.

Thanks!
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We are working on it. We where trying to get some information from the PowerShell or the Exchange team but they prove to be quite unresponsive lately.

The problem so far seems to be that virtually all Cmdlets developed at Microsoft always assume that they run in a console application. Obviously for a Windows Forms tool that creates complications. We are doing our best to create reasonable solutions as soon as possible.
Alexander Riedel
bheidemann

Post by bheidemann »

I have a question on this topic. I currently run Win7 x64 with primal forms installed. Everything so far on my form works except the exchange piece. From what I understand is that primal forms calls the 32bit PSconsole and not the 64bit version, is that correct?

Is there anyway I can configure primal forms to call the 64bit version of the psconsole since MSExchange 32bit will not install on a 64 bit machine?

If not I have to build out a 32bit machine and build the forms. Which leads me to another question. If I do build the form on a 32bit machine calling the 32bit exchange management ps scrips will that form run on a 64 bit machine? My guess is no. Please let me know, thank you.
davidc

Post by davidc »

Correct, PrimalForms can only use 32bit PowerShell, but we are working on away to resolve this issue. As for using a 32-bit machine, yes you can work on a 32-bit machine and still package the script as a 64 bit executable. In addition, you should be able to export the script and run the script within the 64-bit PowerShell, as long as all the calls are the same as the 32bit version.

David

David
bheidemann

Post by bheidemann »

Ok great thank you.
bheidemann

Post by bheidemann »

Have you released the packager? Last we looked was a couple weeks ago after vmworld and it hadn't been released yet.
davidc

Post by davidc »

I was referring to PrimalForms 2009's packager. The standalone PrimalPackager has not been released yet.

David

David
This topic is 14 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.