PrimalForm and Exchange Management Console

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 14 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
bobczys01

Post by bobczys01 »

Can PrimalForm be used to execute Exchange management Console cmdlets like get-contact? I have 32-bit EMC install on Win XP Pro and can succesfully run simple cmdlets like get-contact at the command prompt. If this is possible, where can I find documentation or an example of adding this functionality to PrimalForm? Thanks for the help.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

PrimalForms will automatically detect a snapin when you use the Add-PSSnapin command. As long as the snapin in registered and 32bits, PrimalForms should detect it.
Thank you,
David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
aka@mvps.org

Post by aka@mvps.org »

If you haven't done this before, you'll want to do the snap-in loading David mentions within the OnApplicationLoad function in a form's script. There's a #TODO comment that specifically reminds you that you want to add the snap-ins there, but it's easy to overlook if you've already got a lot of functions in the script due to event handlers or custom code.
bobczys01

Post by bobczys01 »

Thank you. That was very helpful. I was able to run get-contact and fill a drop-down list with contact names. However, there is one peculiarity. As a result of calling get-contact a secondary window pops that looks like an empty progress bar. If I call get-contact twice I get two of these. The title says, "Completed". Have I missed something in adding the snap-in? Is there an assembly that should be added?
Here is all of the simple code that runs:
function OnApplicationLoad { Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.Exchange.Management.PowerShell.Admin return $true}
function OnApplicationExit { Remove-PSSnapIn Microsoft.Exchange.Management.PowerShell.Admin}
$handler_button1_Click={ $contactList = Get-Contact -sortBy displayName ForEach ($contact in $contactList) { $cbNames.Items.Add($contact.displayname) } $cbNames.SelectedIndex = 1}

davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

The progress bar is generated by the snapin and not by PrimalForms.You will have to contact the snapin vender in regards to the popup.
David
David
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It could be that this is created by the internal powershell host. I will check on that.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
Xenophane

Post by Xenophane »

I am seeing the Completed box as well, have mostly noticed it when I am using the Exchange mgmt tools
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I have verified that this dialog is not caused by anything we are doing. I would suggest posting in a Microsoft forum to determine what the cause of this dialog is and how it can be avoided.
We have little to no contact with the Exchange team,
but I will try to find someone from our end.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
bobczys01

Post by bobczys01 »

Thank you for trying to find someone. In the meantime, is there a way to get a list of visible (and/or hidden) forms? Maybe I can get around the problem by trying to close the dialog in the code. Or should I post this question elsewhere?
Xenophane

Post by Xenophane »

I have just been testing this when I am filling a Gridview, and I see the the same "completed box" when I execute the script in PrimalForms or if I package it into an .Exe file using PrimalForms.But if I copy the script source code into PowerGUI, or execute it directly in the shell, I do not see the "Completed box"
This topic is 14 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.