Opening .pff file

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 14 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Xenophane

Opening .pff file

Post by Xenophane »

I do not know if this is a Windows 7 issue, or general one but after installing PrimalForms 1.1.0.0 when I click a .pff file I get prompted for the PrimalForms2009.msi file, even though PrimalForms is installed, registered and working fine if I just open the files from within PrimalForms.

I downloaded the .msi file and pointed the installer to it, it ran for a little while, and know I can open .pff files again by clicking on them, so not a major issue, just a little bit of an annoyance.

I do not have any non Windows 7 machines right now, so I cannot test it to see if it is an issue on Vista also.

PS
Just noticed that the .pff extension is not registered in ChangeVue (it will open it as a binary file) I know it can be changed under settings, but I think it might be a good idea to add it as one of the default settings.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Opening .pff file

Post by davidc »

I'm unable to reproduce the issue.

What version of Windows 7 do you have installed? Have to tried to uninstall / reinstall to see if it resolves the issue?

As for ChangeVue, I will pass on the suggestion.

Thank you,

David

David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Xenophane

Opening .pff file

Post by Xenophane »

I tested it on Windows 7 x64, English Version with Danish keyboard locale.

By pointing to the .msi file, I reinstalled the app, which made it work..
This topic is 14 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.